San Diego, CA- San Diego State Aztecs running back Donnel Pumphrey after rushing for a career-high 246 yards and two touchdown’s in Friday night’s 24-14 win over the New Mexico Lobos has been named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week.
More from San Diego State Aztecs
- Aztecs forward Winston Shepard Should Be Applauded For Staying In School
- SDSU Aztecs On All Cylinders In Polee’s Return
- Aztecs Run Rebels Out In Return Home
- SDSU Shocks No. 25 Wyoming In 60-52 Win
- San Diego State-Wyoming: Defenses Battle
The San Diego State Aztecs (3-3, 2-1 MW) were looking to rebound from their rough loss to Fresno State last week.
Donnel Pumphrey put the Aztecs ahead for good to end the 3rd quarter with a 93 yard touchdown run to clinch the game for the Aztecs. Pumphrey’s 93-yard touchdown run was a career-long and the third longest run in San Diego State program history.
Aztecs finished the night with 397 total rushing yards, as backup running back Chase Price also had a big game with a career high 141 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries.
This is the second time Donnel Pumphrey has been named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week this season, as he also won the accolade in Week 5 after rushing for 167 yards and all four of the San Diego State Aztecs touchdowns in their 34-17 win over UNLV.
On the season, Donnel Pumphrey has 807 rushing yards and leads the Mountain West conference in rushing yards and touchdowns with eleven rushing touchdowns on 119 rushing attempts. Donnel Pumphrey overall is third in the nation in rushing touchdowns, 9th in rushing yards per game, 19th in all-purpose yards per game.
San Diego State returns home Saturday to take on Hawai’i (2-4, 1-0 MW) at 7:30 p.m.
Here are some game notes on Donnel Pumphrey by San Diego State Aztecs Assistant Media Relations Director Jamie McConeghy:
- San Diego State Aztecs are 8-3 over his career when Donnel Pumphrey has at least one rushing touchdown.
- San Diego State Aztecs Donnel Pumphrey ranks 8th in FBS in rushing YPG (134.5).
- San Diego State Aztecs Donnel Pumphrey now has 1,559 yards over his career, which is the 16th most in school history.
- San Diego State Aztecs rushed for 397 yards, which ranks eighth in school single-game history.
- San Diego State Aztecs Donnel Pumphrey’s 246 rushing yards are the 13th most in school history and the seventh most in all of Division 1 this season.