San Diego, CA- The San Diego Padres scored a season-high 13 runs to give all-star Tyson Ross all the run support he needed, as the Padres defeated the Cubs 13-3 to win the series.
More from San Diego Padres
- The Padres Can Come Out From Under Bud Black’s Hole
- Memo To Padres: Sign Justin Upton To A Long-Term Deal ASAP
- Padres’ latest bold move puts them among elite
- San Diego Padres and Braves have emerged as the frontrunners for Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas
- Report: San Diego Padres are looking to make a big headline-grabbing splash
The San Diego Padres started their scoring feast early with an RBI triple by Yasmani Grandal to score Seth Smith and give the Padres a 1-0 lead. Grandal would score on an RBI single by Will Venable to extend the Padres lead to 2-0.
Rivera would get that run back for the Padres in the top of the 5th with his seventh home run of the season to extend the Padres lead back to 3-1.
Friars on Base
Tim Stauffer would take over for Ross in the 7th and allow couple of runs to the Cubs to cut the Padres lead to 12-3. Yangervis Solarte would complete the Padres scoring in the 9th on a sacrifice fly to extend the Padres lead to 13-3.
Tyson Ross improved to (9-10) on the season, allowing only one run on five hits with a career high 11 strikeouts in six innings of work.