San Diego, CA- The San Diego Padres defeated the Pirates this afternoon 8-2 for another series at PNC Park. Since the Pittsburgh Pirates opened PNC Park in 2001 the San Diego Padres are (31-11) with 14 straight series wins.
More from San Diego Padres
- The Padres Can Come Out From Under Bud Black’s Hole
- Memo To Padres: Sign Justin Upton To A Long-Term Deal ASAP
- Padres’ latest bold move puts them among elite
- San Diego Padres and Braves have emerged as the frontrunners for Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas
- Report: San Diego Padres are looking to make a big headline-grabbing splash
Seth Smith would give the San Diego Padres the lead 4-2 in the top of the 5th with a bases clearing triple. Smith would then score on a wild pitch to extend the San Diego Padres lead to 5-2.
Friars on Base
Alonso would add a sacrifice fly in the seventh and Jedd Gyorko would add a two-run single in the top of the ninth, as the San Diego Padres defeat the Pittsburgh Pirates 8-2.
All-Star Tyson Ross improved to (11-10) on the season, after allowing only two runs on six hits and three strikeouts in six innings of work.
The San Diego Padres return to Petco Park tomorrow for a three-game series against the Colorado Rockies. Padres Rookie Jesse Hahn will take the mound for the Padres as he looks for his 8th win of the season. Padres also have Top Prospect Rymer Liriano joining the team and all fans will be looking forward to him making his Major League debut.