San Diego, CA- Alexi Amarista his his 4th home run of the season last night to carry the San Diego Padres past the Philadelphia Phillies 5-4.
More from San Diego Padres
- The Padres Can Come Out From Under Bud Black’s Hole
- Memo To Padres: Sign Justin Upton To A Long-Term Deal ASAP
- Padres’ latest bold move puts them among elite
- San Diego Padres and Braves have emerged as the frontrunners for Cuban slugger Yasmany Tomas
- Report: San Diego Padres are looking to make a big headline-grabbing splash
The San Diego Padres scored the games first runs in the bottom of the 1st on an RBI single by Will Venable to score Cory Spangenberg and an RBI ground-out by Yasmani Grandal to score Venable and give the Padres a 2-0 lead.
Domonic Brown would cut the Padres lead in half in the top of the second with a solo-home run.
The Phillies would take the lead in the top of the 5th on a two-run home run by Freddy Galvis to give the Phillies a 3-2 lead.
Ian Kennedy improved to (11-13) on the season after allowing three runs on three hits with four walks and seven strikeouts in six innings of work.
Friars on Base
The Padres would regain the lead in the bottom of the sixth on Alexi Amarista’s 4th home run of the season, a two-run shot to right field tp give the Padres a 4-3 lead.
Jedd Gyorko would follow with an RBI single to extend their lead to 5-3.
Kevin Quackenbush would allow a single run in the 9th and seal the win for the Padres for his fourth save of the season.