More from San Diego Chargers
- No Playoffs For Chargers In Loss To Chiefs
- State Of The Union: San Diego Chargers Offense/Defense Week 17
- State Of The Union: San Diego Chargers Injuries Week 17
- Chargers Shock 49ers in Huge Comeback Victory
- State Of The Union: San Diego Chargers Offense Week 16
Jason Verrett suffered a hamstring injury at the end of the game against the Buffalo Bills in Week 3. Verrett missed last week’s game against The Jacksonville Jaguars, but was able to return to practice this week and will start in place of the injured Shareece Wright. Expect Steve Williams or Richard Marshall to start at nickle-back for Verrett.
Wright is expected to miss some time with a sprained MCL. Wright injured his knee following an accidental collision with safety Jahleel Addae in the second quarter of last Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.
Shareece Wright has been the San Diego Chargers starting left cornerback the past two seasons and has been a key contributor on the Chargers defense this season. Shareece Wright has been one of the Chargers top tacklers this season.
The Chargers drafted Shareece Wright in the 3rd round of the 2011 NFL Draft out of the University of Southern California (USC).